Database diagrams are crucial for creating and maintaining an efficient database. A well-designed database will eliminate redundant data, ensure data integrity, and provide access to the data in useful ways. And with Cacoo’s new Database Schema Importer tool, making and using these diagrams is a snap.
Cacoo’s new Database Schema Importer
With the new Database Schema Importer, you can automatically import your schema right into Cacoo. Then you can collaborate with your team in real-time on the resulting database diagram to plan out additions, updates, and fixes.
To import your schema, follow these steps:
- Locate the import icon and select Database Schema.
- Choose the database management system (DBMS) that you are using and “Copy” the given query.
- Run the query in your database system and export the result to a CSV file.
- Click “Next” in the pop-up menu.
- Upload the exported CSV results and click “OK”.
- Your database schema diagram will be generated in the Cacoo diagram.
Making your workflow easier
With a convenient database design tool like Cacoo, your team can now easily collaborate on your database design and share it with others who need to interact with it.